• Manufacturing experience (preferred)
Associate must execute section purchasing activities for new model programs and mass production such as part cost change analysis and reporting, cost reduction promotion and reporting, VA/VE promotion and reporting, evaluation and approval, but not limited to these examples. Also includes parts maker-layout promotion and analysis. Support strategies that will help the company achieve the most competitive parts pricing. Position also requires that commodity strategy execution is inclusive of this level.
The position requires the ability to make contacts at various levels within our group, as well as with suppliers. Communication should be appropriate business communications which would reflect positively throughout the entire company. Associates at this level are skilled in understanding supplier capabilities in regards to QCDDM.
• Interact with planning groups within our organization
• Gain consensus with stakeholders as require
• May require coordination and communication with planning, quality and production personnel at our Group companies.
• Promote CCR Purchasing strategies to suppliers
• Have thorough understanding of assigned suppliers QCD characteristics
• Support supplier QCD improvement activities
• Coordinate / communicate the purchasing dept. position and schedule with other departments
• Assure proper documents in place for product maturation requirements (SB flow)
• Initiate and promote innovative ideas to reduce cost and improve efficiency for assigned suppliers
• Execute project assignments and theme assignments as necessary to help achieve section and department business plan targets
Negotiable, depending on experience