• 10+ years of experience with aircraft Hydraulic Systems.
• Strong working knowledge of civil aircraft Pat 25 regulations and associated guidance material, specifications, and aerospace recommended practices.
• Ability to lead discussions with airworthiness authorities.
• Experience with system integration leading discussions with suppliers.
• Requirements Validation and Verification experience including knowledge of ARP4754 and use of IBM DOORS.
• Knowledge and experience with equipment qualification in accordance with DO160.
• Experience with system rig testing and aircraft ground and flight test.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Project management experience is beneficial.
The Engineer will work as a member of the Integrated Project Team (IPT) for Landing Gear Systems and Hydraulic Systems with the development and certification of the company regional jet. In particular with the Electrical and Software activities for the Hydraulic Systems. The work scope includes but is not limited to the following:
1. Evaluating the current aircraft design, with respect to compliance to all applicable Hydraulic System requirements including those of the Part 25 airworthiness regulations of JCAB/ FAA and EASA.
2. Review and validation of the requirements for the Hydraulic Systems and preparation of interface documentation.
3. Coordinating integration of design changes originated from requirements, analysis, testing etc.
4. Leading verification and showing of compliance activities including: Design Reviews, Inspections, Analysis, Technical Calculations, Simulation, Rig Tests, Ground and Flight Tests, Inspections, and Equipment Qualification.
5. Interfacing with the team members and all other stakeholders including: Design, Systems, Structures, Performance, Electrical power, Test, Flight Operations, Manufacturing, Customer Support, Suppliers etc.
6. Managing the technical requirements of contracts with applicable System suppliers and other interfacing suppliers as appropriate.
7. Providing expertise to assist in resolving the Hydraulic systems functions and performance issues during any Rig, Ground and Flight testing.
8. Preparation and review of certification documentation for the Hydraulic systems.
9. Presenting and discussing the Hydraulic systems electrical and avionics/software design compliance with the Airworthiness Authorities (JCAB/ FAA and EASA).
10. Education of company members about professional knowledge in airplane systems design and certification.
Negotiable, depending on experience